Most people today think that pregnancy care is very complicated. But pregnancy is as natural as breathing! Pregnant women do not suddenly become weak. You should not feel like carrying heavy weight during pregnancy. But that doesn’t mean you need to be in bed all day!
Regular exercise is important, even for pregnant women. And the best you can do is to practice some prenatal yoga asana movements because Yoga for pregnant women is not only good for your mother but also good for you.
Baba Ramdev and yoga are closely related. He not only popularized yoga in India but made it a worldwide phenomenon. If you want to practice prenatal yoga posture, Baba Ramdev yoga for pregnancy is a great choice!
Yoga Asanas For Pregnancy Care
Tadasana – mountain posture
Tadasana is a very good yoga posture for pregnant women. It helps strengthen the spine and relieve back pain.
How to do Tadasana:
- Two legs are wide with hips.
- Keep the spine straight, hands on both sides of the body and palms facing the thighs.
- Stretch your hands
- Stretch the spine while inhaling deeply. At the same time, lift your hand over your head.
- Stretch your spine as much as possible. But remember not to put pressure on your back.
- Now, tilt your head to the back and eyes towards your fingertips.
- Hold the position for about 10 minutes. Don’t forget to breathe in and out.
- When breathing deeply, relax your body and legs back to normal.
- Lower your hands, palms on your thighs.
- Repeat 5 times like that.
Virabhadrasana – warrior posture
Virabhadrasana is good for your whole body. It affects your back, chest, and hips. This is a very good posture for strengthening the lower body part.
How to do Virabhadrasana
- Keep your hands on your sides, your palms facing the body.
- Next, stride one leg forward.
- Put your left foot firmly on the ground.
- Bend the right knee.
- Take a deep breath and slowly raise your hand over your head, your palm facing each other
Pull backward, without too much impact on the back. Keep your eyes on your fingertips.
- Hold your posture for 10-15 minutes, breathing evenly.
- Exhale slowly while lowering your hands.
- Stretching your knees.
- Slowly bring your foot back to its original position.
- Repeat the same steps on the other side.
- Perform repeat Virabhadrasana 5 times like that.
Trikonasana – triangular posture
Pregnancy can affect your digestive system. According to Ramdev Baba yoga, Triangle Pose is a great posture to reduce digestive disorders during pregnancy. Not only that, this posture is also a great way to improve hip flexibility.
How to do Trikonasana
- Stand up straight with two feet closed.
- Make sure the 2 hands are on either side of the body, the palm is directed at the thigh.
- Wide legs. The toes of both feet should be parallel.
- Lift your hands to your shoulders, palms facing the floor.
- Breathe deeply and bend your body to the left.
- At the same time lift your right hand.
- Tilt your head to the left and your eyes look on your right fingers.
- Hold that position for 10-20 seconds.
- Continue breathing evenly.
- Now exhale slowly and lift your body back to its original position.
- Repeat the above steps to the right.
- Repeat Trikonasana five times.
Uttanasana for pregnancy care
When you are pregnant, your legs and back may feel uncomfortable. So, try to practice posture Uttanasana! Usually, bending forward is not recommended during pregnancy. But this posture is an exception.
How to do Uttanasana
- Stand up straight, two feet apart.
- Put your hands next to your body, palms facing the thighs.
- Take a deep breath and put your hand over your head, the palm of your hand spreads. While breathing out, lean forward.
- At the same time, fold your arms.
- Continue breathing evenly, keeping your posture for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now take a deep breath and lift your body from the ground back to the starting position.
- Repeat five times.
Marjariasana – cat posture
The cat postures are limited to the 26th week of pregnancy. This position helps improve blood circulation. It also enhances your wrist and shoulder strength.
How to do Marjariasana
- Kneel on the floor, knees under your hips.
- Keep your head straight.
- Take a deep breath and lift your chin.
- Hold your butt. Soon you will feel a tight feeling.
- Hold your posture for about 30 to 90 seconds while breathing deeply.
- Exhale and put your chin near your chest.
- Relax your buttocks and bend your back as much as possible.
- Hold this position for about 10 seconds and then return to the starting position.
- Repeat Marjariasana as much as you can.
Savasana for pregnancy care
Now it’s time to relax. Savasana’s poses are perfect for relaxing the body after a yoga session.
How to do savasana
- Lie straight down, back on the floor.
- Close eyes.
- Relax body and mind. Let go of all the stresses and troubles. Take your time.
- Now stand up straight.
- Cover your face with your hands and breathe ten breaths.
- Massage the entire face – eyes, forehead, and cheeks.
Yoga is great for you, whether you are pregnant or not. But to be sure, consult your doctor before you practice yoga poses. If you don’t have health complications, then feel free to practice.
Don’t let pregnancy make you feel unhealthy. A healthy body, the child is also healthy! So start today.