Chair Pose Yoga or Utkatasana Pose is part of Bikram Yoga. Yoga Chair Pose helps to strengthen the thigh muscles and feet.
Utkatasana Yoga Chair Pose pronounced as – OOT-kah-TAHS-anna (Sanskrit: उत्कटासन).
Utkat – Wild/Fierce,
Asana – Pose;
Regular practicing of Yoga Chair Pose will not only strengthen your thigh muscles but also increase your energy level and endurance of the whole body.
Things you know about Chair Pose Yoga or Utkatasana
- How To do Utkatasana or Chair Pose
- The Benefits Of The Yoga Chair Pose
- Precautions And Contraindications
- Preparatory Poses
- Follow-Up Poses
How to do Yoga Chair Pose or Utkatasana
- Start with Tadasana Pose. Stand in Tadasana. Inhale and lift your arms perpendicular to the ground. Either keep the arms parallel, palms facing, or connect the palms.
- Exhale and bend your knees, trying to shoot the thighs as not exactly parallel to the floor as you possibly can. The knees will probably endeavor out over the feet, and also the torso will lean slightly forward over the thighs until the front chest strains approximately a right angle with all the tops of their thighs. Maintain the inner wrists parallel to each other and press on the minds of the thigh bones down toward the heels.
- Take your tailbone down to the floor and in on your pubis to preserve the low back long.
- Ahead out of the pose whiten your knees using an inhalation, lifting strongly throughout the arms.
- Exhale and discharge your arms to your sides to Tadasana.
Benefits Of The Yoga Chair Pose
- Practicing chair Pose on a regular basis will give the hips, spine, and chest muscles a good stretch.
- The Chair Pose strengthens the Thigh Muscles.
- Chair Pose creates coordination between your Mind and body.
- Regular Practicing will help you to lose weight, especially from the buttocks.
Before practicing the Yoga chair Pose make sure you are not suffering from the following problems:
- Low Blood pressure
- Ankle Problem
- Damaged Ligaments
- shoulder Problem
- Lower back Pain problem
- Neck injury
- Adho Mukha Svanasana
Read More about: