On the “what’s the most embarrassing things” list for men “Premature Ejaculation” secures the first position. Most men tend to calculate their sexual prowess by their power and stamina to keep going in the bed. However, most of them fail in the very beginning.
Many studies have found that 3 to 5 percent of men have experienced premature ejaculation at least once in their lifetimes. It is a very normal phenomenon and can be cured over time. Sex being a taboo in the country leads to people not being able to talk about their sexual problems let alone treating them.
In this article we shall know about everything related to premature ejaculation and how can you treat it.
What is Premature Ejaculation?
Ejaculation is the releasing of semen from the body of the male partner. Premature Ejaculation (PE) is an ability to not being able to delay the climax by the male sexual partner during a sexual encounter. It is found under various studies that on average men ejaculate within 7 minutes into the sexual encounter.
You May Also Like: Natural Herbs for Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
What causes Premature Ejaculation?
Premature Ejaculation is a very normal phenomenon and can be caused due to various physical and psychological factors, such as:-
- Serotonin is a feel-good hormone released by the brain during sexual encounters. A high level of serotonin in the body can cause the male partner to ejaculate earlier than the appreciated time.
- Temporary depression can be another psychological reason behind premature ejaculation.
- Guilt can also cause men to ejaculate early.
- Having an unrealistic sexual expectation also leads to premature ejaculation.
- Over excitement of a sexual encounter can cause the inability to delay the ejaculation.
- Relationship problems between the partners can cause a lack of interest and lead to premature ejaculation.
- Lack of confidence during sexual encounters is also one of the reasons for premature ejaculation.
- The age of the partner can also be a major cause of premature ejaculation since the male libido tends to decrease with age and the erection doesn’t last that long.
- Side effects of certain medications, alcohol abuse, narcotic drug abuse also lead to premature ejaculation.
What are the Symptoms of Premature Ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation can be a primary or a lifetime issue. The following can be some symptoms which can lead to premature ejaculation:-
- You tend to experience ejaculation before sexual penetration or within a few minutes of the penetration action.
- You face an inability to delay sexual ejaculation almost every time.
- Distress, negative emotions and avoidance of sexual intimacy can be a reason to look for in premature ejaculation.
- Anxiety, depression, interpersonal difficulties, and differences can also lead to premature ejaculation.
Why is Premature Ejaculation considered Bad?
Premature Ejaculation is a normal phenomenon that happens to almost every man at least once in their lifetimes. It is not a disease but a sexual dysfunction that can have an impact on the relationship between the two individuals. However, it is no serious issue that cannot be treated through medication or practice. It is a very normal and curable problem faced by every man.
You May Also Know: Increase Testosterone Level Naturally
How to overcome Premature Ejaculation?
Here are a few tips to overcome premature ejaculation dysfunction:-
Use a condom.
Where condoms are famous to protect you from unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, it also helps in avoiding premature ejaculation by reducing the friction during the penetration and help slow things down.
Take it slow.
Make your partner focus on going down on you and enjoying the other pleasurable activities before diving into penetrative sex. Take things slow and make the foreplay last longer to overcome premature ejaculation.
Penis rings can be a savior.
Try using penis rings during sexual activities. It keeps adequate pressure around the penis and allows you to hold the erection longer. However, do not use it for a long period of time i.e. over 20 minutes since it can cause blood clotting.
Play with your partner sexually
Play with your partners sexually heightened moments in bed. Unleash the inner dominatrix and show him who’s the boss. Take him to the point where he’s about to lose control and then mellow it down. This not only creates excitement in bed but also leads sex to last longer.
The “squeeze it” technique.
You can try the old tried and tested method of squeezing. Squeezing the tip of the penis for an adequately prolonged couple of minutes to disrupt the sexual reflexes of the body.
Masturbation can do the trick.
Masturbation trains you for future sexual encounters. Someone who is a fast masturbator can experience ejaculation early. Therefore, masturbating slowly can help you to increase your sexual libido.
Talk about your problems.
If you seem to be experiencing PE too frequently then do talk about it with your partner and choose the moments correctly to do so. Do not spring it upon them in the heat of the moment during a sexual encounter. Talk out of the moment and have a good discussion as to how you would like to take it slow.
It is a universal phenomenon amongst men to experience premature ejaculation and it is a topic on which they loath to talk about openly or even privately. Communication solves most of these sexual issues. Both the partners should be able to openly and comfortably have a discussion regarding their sexual issues and problems. So instead of sitting with the glory of male pride letting ruin your sexual lives and potential relationships, you should discuss it with your partners or a professional for that matter, and worry less about ejaculation and more about sex and connection between you and your partner.