ABOUT WARRIOR POSE
Warrior Pose is also known as VIRABHADRASANA in Sanskrit. It may seem to be a bit weird that a yoga pose named after a warrior. As yoga is known for its calmness and non-violent approach of dealing with things. This pose helps up as an ideal for all practitioners, is the ‘spiritual warrior,’ who bravely does battle with universal enemy, self-ignorance, the ultimate source of all our suffering.
Table of Content
Types of Warrior Pose
1. Warrior Pose 1
How to do warrior Pose 1
Benefits of Warrior Pose 1
2. Warrior Pose 2
How to do warrior Pose 2
Benefits of Warrior Pose 2
3. Warrior Pose 3
How to do warrior Pose 3
Benefits of Warrior Pose 3
Contraindication And Cautions
Types of Warrior Pose
There are three types of Warrior yoga pose. Each one of them has its value and benefits with them. Each of the poses has it’s own importance and is performed worldwide by well-known yogis and practitioners and is even taught in a lot of yoga schools.
- Warrior Pose 1
- Warrior Pose 2
- Warrior Pose 3
The warrior pose is a fantastic package of everything from squared hips, to wide stance; from your core to your legs .it’s just like a one-stop-shop Asana destination.
HOW TO DO WARRIOR 1 POSE YOGA
STEPS TO DO WARRIOR 1 YOGA POSE
- To begin the pose be in Tadasana.
- Step your foot towards the back of the mat while creating a long stance.
- Angle your foot at 45 degrees and slightly turn your right foot towards the back of the mat.
- By trying to make a ninety-degree angle bend your knee as close as possible according to your comfort level.
- Extend your arms towards the sky as if you’re the warrior holding a sword with both of his hands.
- It is ideal that one should attempt to angle both your hips towards the front, but not necessary and one should avoid if you feel any discomfort
- You can hold your breath for around 5-10 breaths just before returning to the Tadasana and repeating on the second side.
BENEFITS OF WARRIOR 1 POSE YOGA
- This pose improves the movements in shoulders and hip joints and open ups the chest and lungs.
- It stretches and strengthens the feet, ankles, calves, and thigh muscles.
- It develops concentration, balance, and groundedness.
- It improves circulation and respiration and energizes the entire body.
- It helps to Creates space for deeper breathing.
You may also Like: Star Pose yoga or Utthita tadasana
HOW TO DO WARRIOR 2 POSE YOGA
- while keeping your right foot on the top of the mat bring your left foot 3-4 feet behind you.
- Now slightly point your right toes straight in the front, and your left foot about parallel to the extreme back of your mat.
- Draw an imaginary line with your right toe, to the right heel, to the left arch.
- Slightly bend your right knee so that it can quickly stack over your right ankle .put equal pressure into your feet.
- Square your shoulders to the left side of your mat and extend your arms out wide, parallel to the ground, palms, and face down.
- Maintain the position of your torso upright and shoulders stacked on your hips.
- Keep your focus straight ahead, or else you can turn your attention to the fingerprints of your right hand.
- Hold your even breaths for around 60 seconds.
- Inhale while straightening your front leg and finally release the posture.
- Repeat the same pose on the other side.
BENEFITS OF WARRIOR 2 POSE YOGA
- It gives strength to the shoulder, arms, thighs, legs, ankles.
- stretches the area between the abdomen and groin, thigh and ankles.
- It helps to Expands the chest, lungs, hips, and shoulders.
- Increase mental focus and concentration power.
- Warrior 2 yoga pose builds mental stamina and endurance.
- It helps to Improves balance.
STEPS TO DO WARRIOR 3 YOGA POSE
- Begin the pose with a high lunge keep your right foot forward and both the hands together at the center of your chest.
- lean your body forward and slowly shift your weight into your right foot until your left foot raises off the ground.
- According to your comfort level straighten both the legs.
- Press the standing foot slowly inwards the field.
- Try place your hips level to the ground.
- When you feel that you have gained balance, reach your arms out in the front of you.
- stay in the same posture for 3-5 breaths, then slowly release to standing. Repeat on the other sides.
BENEFITS OF WARRIOR 3 POSE YOGA
- It helps in improving the strength of ankles, legs, shoulders, and back.
- Helps in toning the abdomen and core.
- It creates a sense of power.
- It strengthens the whole back side of the body
- This pose improves balance, posture, and full-body coordination.
CONTRAINDICATION AND CAUTIONS
An individual with a shoulder problem should try to keep their raised arms precisely parallel to each other.
The individuals with any neck problems or injury should keep their head in a comfortable position and not look up at the hands.
A Person suffering from High blood pressure or Heart problems should avoid the Pose.
People having a recent or chronic injury to the legs, hips, back, or shoulders should avoid the Warrior Pose 2 and Warrior Pose 3.
Warrior pose is one of the most common postures in the yoga world. They’re all body friendly and is approachable for most bodies and are less intimidating than few of the more challenging positions in the yoga practices while still being one of the excellent postures for building strength, confidence, and body awareness.
The fact that warrior poses are very common in most people’s practice; thus sometimes take the benefits of this yoga Asana for granted. But one should keep this thing in mind that warrior pose gives all the PHYSICAL, MENTAL, and EMOTIONAL benefits.