Major health problems like asthma can be possibly treated through medical assistance and proper treatment. But in a world of Vedas, there is an even safer and effective way to cure asthma that is practicing some yoga positions regularly.
Yes, yoga can be beneficial for patients who suffer from serious problems like asthma. So, now let us have a look at some of the effective and simple yoga positions that can help you or anyone to fight Asthma.
Sukasana (Easy pose)
Unlike its name, this pose can get a bit tough for you if are habitual of sitting in chairs. First of all, you need to do some prerequisite positions for getting into this pose. Sit down straight keeping your legs and hands on the floor. Cross your legs by bending your knees to bring your right foot under left knee and left foot under the right one. Bring your head in a neutral position and rest your hands on your knees. Now gently close your eyes and stay in the position for 1 minute.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Bhujangasana, also known as Cobra pose is one of the 12 poses of Surya namaskar. It is one of those versatile yoga poses that is easy to practice and offers some extremely good health benefits especially for asthma patients. Some of its benefits include –
- It strengthens the arms and shoulders
- Effective for asthma patients.
- Helps with menstrual irregularities.
- Improve blood circulation
- Relieves stress and fatigue
- Stimulates organs in the abdomen and kidneys
- Open the chest area and helps in clearing the passages of lungs and heart.
- Strengtheners the spine, improves digestion
Upavistha (seated wide Angle pose)
This exercise can bring spiritual as well as physical strength to you. However, to gain the maximum benefits out of Wide Angle pose it is strictly advised to practice this under the guidance of a professional and experienced instructor. Some of the main benefits of this pose include –
- Helps in dealing with menstrual issues with ease.
- Provides mental peace and relaxation to you.
- Stimulates and tones the abdominal organs which result in a better digestive system and a toned belly.
- Strengthens the back area.
- Effective for asthma patients and arthritis as well.
Purvottasana (Upward Plank Pose)
Upward plank phone is somewhere related to the importance of solar energy in yoga philosophy. If we talk about the benefits of upward flow plank pose the benefits are numerous while doing this one stretches out his chest shoulders and front ankle which builds a lot of strength in the affected area. It is also very useful for patients who suffer from asthma. It helps in counteracting the implications of intensive upper body workout. Also, you can dial your mind to the extreme relaxation mode after doing this and derive maximum benefits from it.
Pawanmuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose)
Pawanmuktasana also is known as wind relieving pose is an amazing yoga technique for asthma patients and the overall health of the abdominal region. Follow the following steps to perform this –
- Lie down straight on your back in the same position as you sleep straight
- Simultaneously inhale and raise your legs in the 90-degree position.
- Next, exhale and bend your legs to bring your knees towards your chest.
- Interlock your fingers and do normal breathing while staying in the same position.
- Now bring your head down and then legs.
- Do this in 1, 2 or 3 rounds
Baddha Konsasana (Butterfly Pose)
There are many intriguing benefits of this yoga pose. There are some modifications too. Let us have a look at these modifications 1st.
- Carefully clasp your hands around your ankles and shins as it may get difficult for you to hold the toes of the feet.
- You can even use a blanket in case you have stiff groins.
- Those with sharp skills can practice for the variations like the forward fold and diamond leg pose.
- Lengthen the path to the top of the sternum region.
- Stay in the exact pose for 1 minute.