A head full of long, silky, and flowing hair is the dream of every woman out there. This dream makes you run miles and sweat buckets, but still hardly ever comes true.
Poor diet, high levels of stress and anxiety, lack of sleep, and genetic disorders are some of the topmost contributing factors leading to hair fall. Various medical shampoos and scalp treatments do help, but yoga is said to be one of the best remedies to get rid of hair fall.
But, how on earth does yoga help? No idea?
Well, practicing different yoga asanas and pranayamas, improves digestion, reduces stress as well as anxiety, and enhances your blood circulation that assists in making your scalp much stronger than before, thereby saying bye-bye to hairfall.
Top Yoga Asanas To Say Good-Bye To Hair Fall
- Start by standing straight with your arms by your sides and feet pressed firmly against the ground.
- Then, gently come on all your fours with the help of your palms and feet.
Tip: Look ahead the entire time while performing this pose.
Lift your hips and make a V of your body. The accurate shape might come after a lot of practice.
Stretch your body upwards as much as possible while staying on all your fours.
Hold this pose for a maximum of 30 to 45 seconds and come back to the normal position.
Also read: know the 10 major benefits of becoming a certified yoga teacher.
[Standing Forward Bend]
Known as another popular yoga asana for hair fall, Uttanasana also helps you in making your tummy flat. Sounds wonderful, isn’t it? One pose and two MAJOR benefits! Uttanasana enhances your blood circulation from head to toe and aids in improving the thickness of your hair.
- Begin by standing with your back erect while facing forward.
- Keep your arms at your sides and relax your shoulders.
- Lift your arms over your head and stretch before bending forward.
- Tip: While bending forward, do not put unnecessary pressure on your hamstrings.
- If possible, try to touch the ground with the tips of your hand slightly. Tip: If your nose is touching your knees, then know that you are doing the pose correctly.
- Hold this pose for about 1 minute and then release.
- Also read: What Can You Learn From a Yoga Teacher Training Course?
- Vajrasana [Thunderbolt Pose]
One of the easiest yoga asanas to perform, Vajrasana helps in enhancing the growth of your hair. When in need almost everyone can practice this pose. It helps the hair follicles grow by increasing the blood supply in your body, thereby also improving the texture of your hair.
- Start by sitting on your yoga mat with your heels together and your spine erect.
- Place your hands on your thighs and make sure your palms facing down.
- Look straight ahead while performing this pose. Tip: Gently pull your tummy in to completely feel the benefits of Vajrasana.
- Now, close your eyes and start taking slow and steady breaths. Note: Performing this pose is no less than meditating.
- Hold this pose for a maximum of 60 seconds, then gently stretch your legs forward.
Caution: If you are suffering from heart disease or high blood pressure, you are recommended to consult your doctor before even thinking of performing the yoga asanas mentioned above.
Read more: Find Best Yoga Schools and Ratings