ABOUT TRIANGLE POSE
Triangle asana is known as TRIKONASANA, in Sanskrit Tri means three corners or triangle and asana means pose. It is one of the most common asanas and practiced by the beginners, but this doesn’t mean that people can easily perform the asana. Many individuals may still face issues in alignments, balancing, maintaining our breath while holding the posture.
It is an asana that demands flexibility and proper balance. In addition to a range of physical benefits, Trikonasana is believed to stimulate energy pathways in the body.
HOW TO DO TRIKONASANA?
- Start the pose with a standing position with both the legs 3 feet apart from each other as in a five-pointed star.
Slowly turn the right toes to the right wall and left toes slightly inwards . while inhaling put pressure on your left hips out to the left as you smoothly slide both arms to the right precisely parallel to the floor.
- While exhaling rotates only your arms, raise the left arm and rest the right hand against the right leg, with the palm facing forward.r
- Slightly put pressure into your feet, pull the knee caps, keeping both legs strong. Stretch the fingertips apart from each other, now while bringing the arms into one straight line and the shoulders stacked on top of each other. Press the left hip forward and the right hip back.
- Take a long breath and hold it for 3-6 breaths according to one’s capability.
- To release this pose while inhaling reach the raised hand up towards the ceiling as you press down into the feet using the whole body to lift back into a 5 pointed star pose.
- repeat the same pose on the other side.
BENEFITS OF TRIANGLE POSE
Trikonasana demands high flexibility and balance. Daily Practicing triangle yoga poses serves many health benefits to the human body.
Some of the significant benefits of TRIANGLE POSE are given below:
- It fills in stamina, balance, energy, and focuses inside an individual.
- It prevents backache.
- It helps a lot in burning hardened body fat; this is an excellent pose for the people facing obesity.
- It may also be used for stress management
- It’s proven to be the right pose for healthy digestion.
- It provides strength to your legs, knees, ankles, muscles in the thighs,, hips, and backs. It is recommended to children to increase their height.
Recent or chronic injury to the hips, back or shoulders.
Read More about:
- 5 Yoga Poses For Concentration | How to Improve Concentration
- 5 Yoga for hypertension, Causes, Symptoms
- Frog Pose Yoga | Mandukasana | How to Do Frog Pose | Benefits of Frog Pose Yoga