ABOUT STANDING HALF MOON POSE
Standing half moon pose is another version of Half Moon Pose as it offers the benefits of the Yoga Asana in the standing form. It is one of the most prominent yoga poses to enhance your body posture and provides energy to the body.
STANDING HALF MOON POSE is known as ARDHA CHANDRASANA in Sanskrit where ‘Ardha’ means ‘half’, ‘Chandra ‘ means moon and ‘asana’ means ‘pose’. Different yogis widely perform this asana in a different part of the world.
HOW TO DO STANDING HALF MOON POSE?
- To start this pose be in mountain pose, intertwine your finger upside over your head, put pressure into the floor and reach the fingers and crown up while relaxing the shoulder down and back.
- While exhaling press the right hip out to the side, arching over to your left. Keep the legs and buttocks engaged and feet grounded. Reach up and out through the fingers and crown.
- Take a deep breath for 2-5 breaths according to your comfort level.
- To release this pose take a deep breath and put pressure into the feet as you reach the fingers back up towards the ceiling.
- Repeat the same pose on the other side too.
BENEFITS OF STANDING HALF MOON POSE
Standing Half Moon Pose helps in deeply stretching and opens the sides of the body and improves core body strength, balance, and concentration.
This pose also strengthens the ankles and knees, improves circulation and energizes the entire body.
WHAT SHOULD WE KEEP IN MIND WHILE PERFORMING THIS POSE?
Any individual has any recent or chronic injury to the hips, back or shoulders should avoid doing this pose.
Read More about:
- Extended Hand to Big Toe Pose | Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana
- Pyramid Pose | Parsvottasana | How to do Pyramid Pose?
- Warrior Pose Yoga | Virabhadrasana | Types of Warrior Pose and Benefits