WHY IS YOGA IMPORTANT?
In the world of Yoga, you come across many different poses with excellent characteristics and significant benefits. Every pose is an entirely different cup of tea that is bringing an ultimate source of rejoicing in your life. They say money can buy anything. But I object ..! I don’t think that money can buy anything. Of course, you may spend cash over cures but what if you can prevent yourself from reaching the stage of taking treatments. Yoga is that measure which will cost you nothing and will make you fit and removes flaws from your body by just practicing it regularly. Yoga does not only keep your body fit, but it also helps in purifying your soul.
WHAT IS EXTENDED SIDE ANGLE POSE?
The extended pose is one of the most prominent yoga asanas for all the yoga lover. It is a level 1 yoga asana and called as UTHITA PARSVAKONASANA in the Sanskrit language where “UTHITA” means “EXTENDED”, “PARSVA” means “SIDE/FLANK/LATERAL”, “KONA” means “ANGLE” and “ASANA” means “POSE”. This pose is very closely related to the Triangle pose and the Warrior 1 and 2 poses. This pose helps in stretching and strengthening the body.
HOW TO DO EXTENDED SIDE ANGLE POSE?
- To begin the asana be in warrior pose II by keeping your right foot forward.
- while aligning the knee over the ankle, spiral your right thigh outward. Engage your abdomen, moving your tailbone under and towards the pelvis. Place your right heel and the outer edge of the left foot evenly into the mat.
- Put your right hand outside of your right foot, and press your fingertips onto the floor, now press the knee against the inner arm.
- Take your left arm straight up from the shoulder to the sky .while inhaling, turn your palms to the face floor and take the arms overhead, keeping the left bicep over the left ear.
- Take both the shoulders away from your ears, and straighten the entire body of your left side .while keeping the outer edge of your left foot down.
- While exhaling rotates your torso to the left, opening your chest toward the sky. Focus at your left arm.
- Hold the position for around 1 minute.
- Now take a deep breath and come back into Warrior II to leave the pose.
- repeat the same pose by bringing the left foot forward.
WHY SHOULD WE DO EXTENDED SIDE ANGLE POSE?
Every yoga pose holds it’s own benefits and properties; Extended yoga pose also has many qualities that provide a wide range of benefits to all the individuals some of the essential advantages of yoga asana is given below:-
- It helps in strengthening and stretching legs, knees, ankles and groin.
- This pose helps in the opening the chest, shoulder, lungs, adding with the breath.
- It enhances the flexibility of the spine and hips.
- This pose is an excellent practice for reducing menstrual discomfort.
- It also helps in deepening the breathing.
WHAT ARE THE MEASURES ONE SHOULD KEEP IN MIND WHILE PERFORMING EXTENDED SIDE ANGLE POSE?
Individuals suffering from headache, irregular blood pressure [high or low], Insomnia are recommended not to do this yoga pose to avoid any further hindrance.
In case of any neck injury, one can avoid gazing upward.
Read More about: