Chakra means wheel, both standing and lying positions can be individually used to perform this exercise.
How to do Chakrasana or Urdhva Dhanurasana
1. First, you perform tadasana.
2. Place your legs just one foot apart from each other.
3. Raise your hands above your head. Position of hands should be straight.
4. Inhale slowly- slowly then bend your body backward.
5. Slowly bend your body then place your palm on the floor just behind your ankles.
6. Your legs and hands should be firm and erect.
7. Stay in this posture for some seconds and breathe normally. Return to normal position as before start and relax.
Benefits of Chakrasana or Urdhva Dhanurasana
1. This exercise supports back pain sufferers, it is good for sportsmen.
2. It helps us to correct kidney disorders.
3. This exercise cures spine, shoulder and neck disorders.
4. This exercise mainly uses to cure chronic headache, tonsils and throat problems.
5. It improves eye disorders and vision power of eyes.
6. It reduces weight and it is called weight loss yoga.
List of Other Yoga Pose