Downward facing dog yoga Pose also known as Adho Mukha Svanasana. The yoga Pose beneficial for leg and arm.
Pronunciation of Adho Mukha Svanasana and meaning
(AH-doh MOO-kah shvah-NAHS-anna)
Adho = downward
Mukha = face
Svana = dog
In this article, we have provided step by step instruction to do downward face dog yoga Pose. also covered another aspect here is the check List
- How To Do Downward Facing dog Yoga
- Precautions for downward face dog yoga pose
- Adho Mukha Svanasana Beginners Tips
- Advanced Pose Alterations
- Benefits Of Downward- Facing Dog Pose
- The Science Behind Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Preparatory Poses
- Follow- Up Poses
How to do downward facing dog pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
- From Table position, tuck the feet under, press right into the hands and start to lift up the hips towards the ceiling.
- Spread the fingers wide apart with the middle finger facing forwards, and the palms outwards. Press the out through the fingers and edges of this palms.
- Using straight (but not locked) arms, then press the buttocks up and back touching the chest towards the thighs. Lift through the tail bone to help keep the spine long and straight.
- Possess the feet are hip’s width apart with the toes facing forward. Press the heels to the floor setting a stretch from the back of the legs. The legs are right, or you could have a little bend at the knees to hold the spine flat.
- Let the head and neck hang freely from the shoulders or look up at the bellybutton.
- Breathe and wait 4 8 breaths.
- To release: flex the knees and lower back the hips to Table position, or come all the way down to child Pose.
Precautions for downward face dog yoga pose
Before starting the yoga Pose consult with professional and trainer. It is better to take advice first if you are suffering from
- Back pain
- High Blood Pressure
- Stomach Problem
- Arm Joint Problem
- Leg Joint Problem
- Hips Problem
Cautions: Pregnant women should practice downward dog Yoga Pose under supervision of professional.
Benefits Of Downward- Facing Dog Pose
- Beneficial in strengthening the whole body especially the arms, arms, feet, and shoulders.
- Regular practice of Adho Mukha Svanasana calms the mind and relieves headache, insomnia, and fatigue.
- Regular practice of Adho Mukha Svanasana tones the muscles of the entire body and helps in weight reduction.
- downward dog Yoga pose increases the circulation into the brain.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana lengthens the spine, increase flexibility also strengthens the tissues of the torso increasing lung capacity.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana or Downward Facing Dog Pose can also be of advantage in treating lower spine disorders like Sciatica.
- It helps in treating menstrual symptoms like menstrual pain and disquiet. It also helps relieve mild depression and stress.
- Routine exercise of Adho Mukha Svanasana improves digestion and also helps in getting rid of Constipation.
Read More about: