Increase in blood sugar level can cause serious health problems.
Symptoms which reflect your blood sugar level is high
- Feeling thirstier than usual
- Blurred vision
- Having to pee more often
- Feeling hungrier than normal
- Numb or tingling feet
- Feeling tired than usual
Why Blood sugar level increases
If a person blood sugar level stays over 240 mg/dl, it is too high. Blood sugar level increases when you don’t have enough insulin* in your body.
*[Insulin is a hormone which allows glucose to enter in blood cells, providing them with the energy to function]*
There are some more reason which is responsible for high blood sugar level
- You miss your diabetes medicine
- You have consumed food which is full of sugar level
- Not doing enough exercise
What would happen if you would not control your blood sugar level
It would cause a serious problem as said above.
Possible problems are:
- Heart disease or heart attack
- Kidney damage
- Nerve damage
- Eye damage
- Skin problems
Home remedies to control blood sugar level quickly
1) If blood sugar level is too high the first step is to inject insulin in the body quickly and concern with the doctor.
2) Engage yourself in physical activity: Physical exercise triggers your muscles to take up more glucose for energy, hence the body produces more insulin to circulate glucose level in your cell and bloodstream.
Therefore, physical exercise is very important to control your high blood sugar level.
But, make sure your concern with the doctor and discuss the exercises.
3) Spread out your meals: Always spread about your meal over the day. Do not take a heavy meal in one go. Eat in parts so that your body regulates blood sugar level easily.
Eat food which has a high amount of protein. Protein stabilizes blood sugar.
Discuss your diet chart with your doctor.
4) Consume less alcohol: Before taking alcohol make sure you checked your blood sugar level.
5) Chugging water: Drink a lot of water so that it dilutes your blood sugar level quickly and cause you to urinate.
6) Adequate sleep: Complete rest is very important for diabetes patients. Sound sleep helps your body to regulate your blood sugar level.
Check your blood sugar level on daily basis and in case if you have taken a heavy meal or sweet then check your blood sugar level immediately.