The Stomach or Abdominal pain refers to the pain and discomfort in the space between the chest and the groin. It is generally known as the Stomach or the belly region.
Most of the cases of stomach pain are mild and moderate. Some of the common causes of abdominal pain may be:
- Muscle strain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux
- Stomach or Peptic Ulcers
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Crohn’s Disease etc.
All these causes may contribute to your stomach pain. But abdomen doesn’t only contains stomach but other vital organs too namely:
- Gall bladder
- The large and small intestine
But don’t worry because there are various which can help you cure your stomach pain. But rather than gulping a laxative which may also cause side effects like bloating cramping, dehydration, and diarrhea, you should opt for practicing Yoga to relieve your discomfort.
So ease your upset tummy with these gentle Yoga poses, brought to you by Vedyou. Include these in your daily routine and eliminate your discomfort.
7 Gentle Yoga Poses for Stomach Pain:
Seated Spinal Twist/ Ardha Matsyendrasana
It is a very good pose for alleviating stomach pain. It helps in relieving gas and stimulates digestion. Moreover, it helps in eliminating liver ailments. It stimulates and improves the metabolism of the liver. It also stretches shoulders, improves spine flexibility and overall digestion.
- Sit down on the floor with your back straight and legs stretched out.
- Bend your right knee and put it over your left leg.
- Now turn your torso towards the right and place your right hand behind you and your left one on the floor.
- Hold for at least a minute and release.
- Repeat the same on the other side.
You May Also Like: 10 Yoga Poses to Try for a Flat Stomach
Wind Relieving Pose/ Pawanmuktasana
This poses popular for reliving the gastric troubles. The wind relieving pose is an easy pose to fight obesity. It helps in burning cellulose in your thighs, hips and abdominal region. It improves the digestion and elimination process and also the lower back and spine.
- Lay down with your back on the floor.
- Keep your legs together and lift them at 90 degrees while exhaling.
- Clasp your hands around your legs and bring then close to your body.
- Lift your head and bring your nose close to the knees.
- Maintain this pose for 30-40 seconds.
- Release and straighten your body, repeat at least 10 times.
Balasana/ Child’s Pose
Child’s Pose compresses your abdomen to help relieve bloating while gently stretching your back muscles. It is an easy kneeling pose that stimulates the nervous system and re-energizes your body. It helps to calm down the mind and body and helps you sleep better. Additionally, it also curbs constipation, improves digestion and stretches your thighs and hips too.
- Get down on your knees, with your back straight.
- Gradually, bend forward such that your chest touches your thighs and your forehead touches the ground.
- Straighten your arms beside your body, with palms facing down.
- Retain for 20-25 seconds.
- Repeat 10 times.
Viparita Karani/ Legs up the wall pose
Legs up the wall pose draw blood into the stomach and increase digestion and fight nausea. Also, at the end of a busy day, if your feet and ankles are tired and swollen, then you might want to do this pose. It improves the blood circulation in the body and relaxes the body tension.
- Lay flat on the floor and place your hands beneath your body and palm facing upwards.
- Raise your legs and body, while holding your hips and balancing your body on your elbows.
- Keep your legs at 90 degrees from your torso.
- Rest arms beside your body.
- Retain for 10 minutes.
- Repeat 3-5 times.
Boat Pose/ Nauka Asana
The Naukasana or the Boat pose is another yoga asana, which helps lose weight. It strengthens the back and abdominal muscles and tones the arm and leg muscles. It is also helpful in treating a hernia.
- Lay down on your back.
- Raise both the upper and lower portions of your body, making your body rest on your buttocks.
- Rest your hands in the air beside your body.
- Stay in this position for at least 2 minutes.
- Repeat 10 times a day.
You May Also Like: How Yoga Can Help with Anxiety & Depression
Seated Cat Cows
These gentle yoga poses opens up the spine and increases the blood flow and massages the colon. It speeds up the digestion process. The gentle movement and stretching, coordinated with the breath, relieve stress and tension by calming the senses.
- Sit comfortably with one leg crossed in front of the other. Place your hands on your knee caps.
- Bend your elbows and pull back against your knees arching your back. Lift your chest towards the sky.
- Exhale to straighten your arms and around your spine. Pull your navel up and in and draw your chin to your chest. You should feel a stretch through the neck and back.
- Continue moving with your breathing for 8 rounds of breath.
- Release and repeat 8-10 times.
Gomukhasana/Cow Face Pose
Cow Face Pose is one of the best asanas for treating cirrhosis. Cirrhosis prevents oxygenation and blood flow and your liver are unable to remove the toxins and pathogenic bacteria and metabolizes fats.
- Squat on the floor with one leg crossed over the other.
- Stretch your spine.
- Place your hands on your back with one over the shoulder and one over the rib area.
- Clasp your hands and hold for a minute.
- Repeat it at least 10-15 times.
So with this easy and gentle yoga poses fight and say goodbye to your stomach pain and eat heartily and freely without the worries.