Intimacy involves the feelings of closeness, personal association, and belongingness. It is a close affective bond formed through the knowledge and experience of others. It evolves through reciprocal self-disclosure and candor.
As per scholars, intimacy is of four types:
- Physical Intimacy – It includes being in someone’s personal space i.e. holding hands, hugging, kissing and other sexual activities.
- Emotional Intimacy – It includes the trust levels and personal bonds among individuals. Also, love is an important factor of emotional Intimacy and the basis of emotional Intimacy.
- Cognitive or intellectual Intimacy – It takes place when two people exchange thoughts, shares ideas and enjoy their similarities and differences.
- Spiritual Intimacy – It involves bonding over spirituality.
But lost intimacy may be enhanced by practicing yoga. Who would have thought that simple and easy yoga could help you reconnect with your partner? But yes it does. Yoga releases the physical and emotional constrictions we have around our life. And it takes you to a place where you are more receptive and it helps you become more open and receptive to intimacy.
So Vedyou brings 6 Yoga Poses to enhance your intimacy:
Wide-legged Straddle Pose/Upavistha Konasana
It is a seated stretching pose that relaxes the groin and the pelvic area. It also calms the mind and thoughts. It also improves and increases the blood flow, and as we know that blood flow and arousal are related, thus it is a good pose to increase the arousal.
- Sit with legs stretched out wide and flex your hips to toes.
- Press your legs down into the floor and gradually bend forward, between the legs.
- Straighten your arms long and keep your hands on the floor
- Keep your knee caps pointed towards the sky.
- Retain for 3-5 minutes.
- Repeat 5-10 times.
You May Also Like: 5 Yoga Poses that Help You to Get Better Sleep
Sphinx Pose/Salamba Bhujangasana
This back-bending yoga pose stimulates the pelvic region, the pelvic region is a vital component in achieving intimacy and pleasure. It also strengthens the back muscles and boosts mood and libido to deliver the feeling of vitality. Thus this pose will fuel your love life.
- Lay flat on your belly and elbows under the shoulders and chin on the floor.
- Keep your legs together.
- Rest your forearms on the floor and slowly lift your head and chest off the floor, keeping your neck in line with the spine.
- Pull up knee caps, squeeze your thighs and buttocks and press your pubic bone down to the floor.
- Keep your elbows close to your side and drop your shoulders and back and press the chest forward.
- Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Exhale and release. Repeat 5-10 times.
Downward Dog/Adho Mukha Svanasana
This bending yoga pose calms the brain and energizes the body. It increases body flexibility, which contributes to enhanced intimacy among partners. Additionally, it also releases muscular tension.
- Start with your hands and knees on the floor, knees directly below your hips and hands slightly ahead of your shoulders.
- Lift your knees and heels off the floor while exhaling and lengthen your tail bone away from your pelvis.
- Keep your arms straight, hands flat on the floor and buttocks pointing the sky.
- Your body should appear as an inverted ‘V’.
- Hold for a few minutes and release.
- Repeat 5-10 times.
Goddess Pose/Utkata Konasana
Explore your inner Goddess, with this yoga pose. Practicing this pose makes you feel sensual and sexy, which is very important for intimacy. This pose widens the groin and relaxes the body.
- Lay with your back on the floor.
- Stretch your arms to your sides.
- Press your feet together.
- Hold for 5-10 minutes and release.
- Repeat 10 times.
You May Also Like: How Yoga Can Help with Anxiety & Depression
Pigeon Pose/ Kapotasana
This pose is a deep stress reliever for men and women. It increases the flexibility and relives the constrictions in the sacrum. Also clears the mind and relaxes the body.
- Sit on the floor with one leg bent in front of you and with the opposite leg straight behind you.
- Place your forehead on the floor, bend your torso.
- Square your hips and tighten them as you breathe.
- Hold for a few minutes and then release.
Bridge Pose/Setu Bandhasana
This pose strengthens the pelvic floor muscles and helps to intensify the orgasm. It stretches the hip flexors and releases body tension.
- Lay flat on the floor, with your knees bent and feet on the floor.
- Lift your thighs while exhaling, press your inner feet arms actively into the floor. Keep your thighs
- And inner feet parallel.
- Keep your knees directly over heels and push them forward, away from the hips, lengthen the pubis and lift the pubis towards your navel.
- Lift your chin away from sternum, firm the outer arms and broaden the shoulders.
- Retain for a minute and release with an exhalation.
- Repeat 5-10 times.
Thus these are some awesome yoga poses to enhance your intimacy. Include them in your daily routine and fuel up your sex life.