A pimple is a result of a medical condition in which the skin pores are blocked due to the excess production of oil, sebum, and dirt.
These are red, tender and painful bumps with white pus at their tips.
They are also known as spots or zits. In severe cases, where the pores are fully clogged with sebum and dead skin cells, it may turn into pustule or papules.
Generally, they occur during puberty but it may also occur at any age. During puberty, the hormone production changes, which activates the sebaceous glands present under the hair follicles. Therefore, pimples occur in abundance during puberty.
But these pimples can be treated with regular practice of yoga. Yoga releases the hormones named Endorphins which make you happy. Yoga also helps in flushing out toxins out of your body. It increases the blood flow thereby getting rid of pimples. Hormonal changes and stress are major factors for pimples. Yoga helps to balance hormones. It relaxes your body and relieves stress.
So here are some simple Yoga Poses that will help you treat pimples:
Uttanasana/ Standing Forward Bend
This pose increases the blood circulation from head to toe and also relaxes the facial muscles and balances the hormones
Standing Forward Bend Pose is one of the best poses to treat depression. It also keeps anxiety and stress at bay. Moreover, it also reduces the head heaviness, activates inner legs, cures stomach pain, menstrual pain and is also good for the spine and kidneys.
- Stand straight, with your hands on your hips.
- Raise your arms and slowly bend your torso while you exhale.
- Bend fully and bring your hands to the ground next to your feet.
- Hold for 10-15 seconds.
- Repeat 5-10 times.
Viparita Karani/ Legs up the Wall Pose
Legs up the Wall pose draw blood into the stomach and increases digestion and fights nausea. Also, at the end of a busy day, if your feet and ankles are tired and swollen, then you might want to do this pose. It improves the blood circulation in the body and relaxes the body tension.
- Lay flat on the floor and place your hands beneath your body and palm facing upwards.
- Raise your legs and body while holding your hips and balancing your body on your elbows.
- Keep your legs at 90 degrees from your torso.
- Rest arms beside your body.
- Retain for 10 minutes.
- Repeat 3-5 times.
This exercise is a traditional practice of internal cleansing or kriya, which invigorates and purifies the airways by stimulating the release of toxins and waste. Kapalbhati Pranayama acts as a tonic for the system, refreshing and rejuvenate the body and mind. This asana includes breathing exercise that boosts liver health.
Sit cross-legged on the floor, inhale deeply and exhale out forcefully through your nostrils. For best results, do this at least 15 minutes daily.
Warrior Pose/ Veerbhadra Asana
It is a standing yoga pose that improves your blood flow and stimulates the nervous system. This pose is well known for improving blood circulation. It stretches the muscles of arms, shoulders, neck, legs, and groin favoring muscle contraction and relaxation. Such tone up muscles encourage circulation. It enhances the valor, balance, and grace of your body. Warrior Pose also strengthens and burns fat in your arms, thighs, legs and lower back.
- Stand on a flat surface with your legs apart.
- Turn your right foot outward and make a 90 degrees angle.
- Turn left foot inward by 15 degrees.
- Raise both the arms, with palms facing upward.
- Bend your right leg and align your knee and ankle.
Janu Sirasana/ Head to knee pose
This asana helps balance hormones and clears toxins from within. This yoga for skin increases blood and oxygen supply to the facial muscles, leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. This head to knee is an easy pose which calms the mind and relieves mild depression. Practicing this also relieves headaches, insomnia, anxiety, and fatigue.
- Sit on the floor, with your legs extended.
- Bend the right knee and bring it to the inner thigh of the left leg.
- Inhale and lengthen the spine.
- Bend forward from your hips and keep your neck and spine stretched and place your hands on either side of the left leg.
- So do Yoga every day and bliss yourself with flawless and pimple-free skin. Stay healthy and be beautiful.
Read More about: